A new record Pick Four pool was set for a Saturday night at Los Alamitos after $158,777 was wagered on May 4. The pool is also the second highest in the track’s history, trailing only the $160,073 wagered earlier this year.
Record pools for a Friday, Saturday and Sunday night have all been set at Los Alamitos this year. The record Friday night pool of $148,434 was wagered on Friday, April 5, while the all-time record pool was set on Sunday, February 10. The 2013 season has featured some of the biggest Pick Four pool in the history of Los Alamitos. Five of the track’s 10 highest pools ever and 12 of the top 20 have been recorded this year. In addition, two of the top three late Pick Four pools – including the all-time late pick four pool record of $121,842 - have been posted in 2013.
Los Alamitos offers two Pick Fours each racing night. The early Pick Fours consist of races one through four. The late Pick Fours consist of the final four races on the card. The late Pick Fours have been outstanding and the average pools have ranged as high as $95,000 per night. The racing action continues at Los Alamitos on Friday. To view Free Handicapping Tips and Pick Four selections, just visit www.losalamitos.com and click on the handicapping link.
Los Alamitos Highest All-Time Pools In the early Pick Four
1. Sunday, February 10, 2013 $160,073
2. Saturday, May 4, 2013 $158,777
3. Sunday, February 12, 2012 $155,780
4. Sunday, February 17, 2013 $155,571
5. Sunday, March 4, 2013 $155,545
6. Saturday, May 19, 2012 $154,940
7. Sunday, May 20, 2012 $154,465
8. Sunday, May 22, 2011 $154,352
9. Sunday, May 6, 2012 $153,439
10. Sunday, January 13, 2013 $151,777