Birthdate: 4-7-61; Mesa, Arizona
Family: Son, Colten
Residence: Cypress, California
Top Career Moments:
- Won the 2005 B of A California Champ. Challenge with Catchmeinyourdreams
- Won the 2005 B of A Challenge Championship with Catchmeinyourdreams
- Won the 2006 Bayer Legend Cal Challenge with Furyofthewind
- Won the 2005 Los Al Invitational with Catchmeinyourdreams
- Won the 2003 and 2004 Los Alamitos Championship, 2004 Go Man Go Handicap, 2003 MBNA America California Challenge and 2003 Silver Spur Handicap and finished second in the 2003 Champion of Champions with two-time champion aged gelding Catchmeinyourdreams.
Christopher O'Dell was elected to the PCQHRA Board of Directors in 2006 and has years of experience behind him both as a jockey and a successful trainer.
Christopher was raised in New Mexico, where he spent most of his career prior to moving to Los Alamitos in 1996.
Some of Christophers' most successful stories came with 1995 AQHA Champion aged mare Special Phoebe, who won the World Championship Classic at Ruidoso.At that time a win in the classic brought a berth to the Champion of Champions. That initial trip to California was enough to make him consider a change of location for his racing stable.
Christopher has trained and handled such World Champions as Special Phoebe, Dean Miracle, Speedy Lunch, SLM Big Daddy and the great Catchmeinyourdreams. He has won the Los Alamitos Championship three years in a row and has made the Champion
of Champions in 2003, 2004 & 2005, along with winning the MBNA Championship in 2005.
He now has a new star in his barn with his Grade 1 Charger Bar win in 2009 with Terrific Energy. Christopher also has a background in the thoroughbred world winning at Hollywood Park, Santa Anita and Del Mar.