Click to see facility photos
Filming at Los Alamitos Race Course
Los Alamitos Race Course has been a local landmark in Orange County for over 60 years. From the early years, as the only major sporting venue in the county, to the present years as the home of the premier Quarter Horse racetrack in the nation, Los Alamitos Race Course is laden with history and tradition. The beautiful skyline views of north Orange County and the track’s view of majestic sunsets provide a beautiful backdrop for TV and film.
The efficient and friendly staff at Los Alamitos Race Course welcomes production companies to film at our racetrack. We are open for racing on a year-round basis. We are conveniently located less than 30 miles south of downtown Los Angeles.
TV shows that have filmed at Los Alamitos in recent years:
- CBS’ “CSI-Miami”
- Fox’s “Prison Break”
- Animal Planet’s “Jockeys”
- Animal Planet’s “Dog 101”
- HBO’s “Arli$$”
- ABC’s “Thieves”
Recent Movies filmed at Los Alamitos:
- "Simpatico" – Nick Nolte, Sharon Stone, Jeff Bridges
- "Crank 2" – Jason Statham
Classic TV Shows:
- "The Hulk”
- "Heart to Heart”
- “Charlie’s Angels”
Filming at Los Alamitos Race Course:
- Our courteous, professional staff will ensure in an efficient way that your crew is takes care of, whether you are shooting an independent documentary or a Hollywood blockbuster.
- Los Alamitos Race Course features a natural dirt track, perfect for conducting races for TV and film purposes.
- Our staff will guide you through the permit process.
- The racetrack is closed for racing on most Mondays and Tuesdays, which permits production company to have total access to the building.
- Ample parking lots and spaces for setting up production and equipment vehicles and base camp.
- Beautiful and plush surroundings in our elegant Vessels Club.
- Numerous bars and terraces.
- Access to film friendly trainers, owners, horses and jockeys.
- Easy access to neatly manicured infield, backside, paddock, stables, racing surface.
- Great working relationship with experienced movie horse wrangler Scott Craigmyle at 909-260-6969.
- Los Alamitos Race Course also operates and has access to the old Cypress Golf Course. The Golf Course property and building is also available for filming.
- Los Alamitos is only five miles away from downtown Long Beach, eight miles away from Disneyland, 11 miles away from Angels Stadium and only minutes away from Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Bolsa Chica and Newport Beach.
- Los Alamitos has an excellent working relationship with the Orange County Film Commission.
- Conveniently located just south of 605 Freeway, exit Katella Avenue
For more information on scouting Los Alamitos Race Course or to discuss the possibility of your production team or show filming at Los Alamitos Race Course please contact: Orlando Gutierrez, Marketing and Publicity Director, 714-820-2690 or email@example.com