HERE'S THE LACF MEET AT LOS ALAMITOS CONDITION BOOK

 

GRADE II, $200,000 GREAT LADY M. TOPS LACF SCHEDULE

 

CYPRESS, Calif. ---Three stakes – including a Grade II - worth $400,000 highlight the Los Angeles County Fair meet at Los Alamitos.

The eight-day season will begin Saturday, June 22 and continue through Sunday, July 7.

Racing will be conducted Saturday-Sunday the first two weeks (June 22-23 and June 29-30) then Thursday-Sunday (July 4-7) the final week. Post time will be 1 p.m.

The richest event on the calendar is the Grade II, $200,000 Great Lady M. Stakes for fillies & mares at 6 ½ furlongs. Won a year ago by multiple graded stakes winner Eda, the Great Lady M. will be offered Saturday, July 6.

The $100,000 Los Alamitos Derby, which was won by Reincarnate in 2023, giving Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert his seventh consecutive victory in the race, will be run Saturday, June 29. The Derby is for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles.

Baffert has won the local Derby eight times. Prior to Reincarnate, he scored with Gimme Da Lute (2015), eventual 3-year-old champion West Coast (2017), Once On Whiskey (2018), Game Winner (2019), Uncle Chuck (2020), Classier (2021) and High Connection (2022).

The other stakes on the schedule is the $100,000 Bertrando for 3-year-olds & up bred or sired in California. The one-mile Bertrando will be run Saturday, June 22.

There will also be a handicapping contest Saturday, July 6 and the Los Alamitos Racing Association will offer a cash prize and two berths in the 2025 National Thoroughbred Handicapping Championship in Las Vegas.

Cost to enter is $500. Of that amount, $100 will be placed in the contest pool with the remaining $400 going towards a live money wagering card.

Tournament races will include the entire card at Los Alamitos with permitted wagers including win, place, show, exactas, trifectas and daily doubles. Each entry must bet at least $50 on a minimum of four races that day, but there is no wagering limit.

The player with highest bankroll at the end of the day will be declared the winner and the player with the second highest bankroll will be the runner-up.

The winner will receive 50% of the prize pool. The remaining payoffs: 20% (2nd place), 15% (3rd place), 7.5% (4th place) and 7.5% (Most Money Wagered).

The LARA will also seed the $2 Pick 6 – which has the traditional 70-30 split – with $10,000 on Saturday, June 29 and Saturday, July 6 provided there is no carryover.


LOS ALAMITOS WILL OFFER $10,000 PICK SIX PROMO TWICE DURING SUMMER MEET

CYPRESS, Calif. – The $10,000 Pick Six promotion, which has proven popular at night at Los Alamitos, will now be offered on Saturday, June 29 and Saturday, July 6 of the upcoming LACF Summer Thoroughbred meet. The track  will add $10,000 to the Pick Six pool – provided there is no carryover - on these afternoons. The promotion has been offered on Sunday evenings since the start of the 2020-2021 quarter horse season.

     The traditional $2 Pick Six features a 70-30 split with 70% of the pool going to those tickets with six winners with the remaining 30% going to tickets with five of six winners.

      The 11th LACF Thoroughbred Meet will begin on Friday, June 22. The eight-day season will feature three stakes with all having purses of $100,000 or more.

      Post time will be 1 p.m. and entries for the opening day program will be taken Wednesday, June 19.

LOS ALAMITOS THOROUGHBRED MEET BROADCAST

TO INCLUDE  GRAPHIC SHOWING PROJECTED CLOSING ODDS

      The Los Alamitos Thoroughbred Meet will feature an informational graphic on the track’s simulcast broadcast showing projected closing odds for win wagers on selected races based on a mathematical calculation using Will Pays for that given race. 

      The graphic will be branded at Los Alamitos as the “In Play” Projected Closing Odds, and will be based on Will Pays, particularly Pick 3s and Pick 4s, which are thought to be reliable indicators of a horse’s actual closing odds. During its Thoroughbred Meet, the track will be showing these “In Play” projected closing odds starting with the third race on Saturday’s opening day card. The “In Play” graphic will be available shortly after the previous race has been run. 

       “We’ll be offering these projected odds on our simulcast feed with an easy-to-read graphic,” said Orlando Gutierrez, the marketing director at Los Alamitos Race Course. “We feel that giving horse players more information is a plus and from there each bettor, individually, can determine whether this information is helpful to their handicapping and wagering practices."

       The LACF Thoroughbred Meet will open on Saturday, June 22 and continue through Sunday, July 7.  The first post each day will be at 1 p.m. For more information, please visit LosAlamitos.com. 

-30-